Undergrad Research Options

Summer Research:

Engineering Physics majors can apply for support to pursue summer research through the VPUE programs in Engineering or in Physics. There is money available specifically to EPhys majors.

  • EPhys majors who wish to pursue summer research with an Engineering faculty member should approach the faculty member directly to apply through the Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program in the School of Engineering.
  • EPhys majors who wish to pursue research with a faculty member in Physics, Applied Physics or SLAC should apply through the Physics / Applied Physics / SLAC Summer Research Program

School-year Research:

Don’t be shy. If you a see a professor whose work interests you, email them, attend their office hours, or contact a graduate student in their lab. They are more than likely willing to let you work in their, even if they are not willing to pay you at first. (Yah, that’s right, eventually you can get paid to do research, too).

Faculty/research listings:


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s