Engineering Physics majors can apply for support to pursue summer research through the VPUE programs in Engineering or in Physics. There is money available specifically to EPhys majors.
- EPhys majors who wish to pursue summer research with an Engineering faculty member should approach the faculty member directly to apply through the Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program in the School of Engineering.
- EPhys majors who wish to pursue research with a faculty member in Physics, Applied Physics or SLAC should apply through the Physics / Applied Physics / SLAC Summer Research Program
Don’t be shy. If you a see a professor whose work interests you, email them, attend their office hours, or contact a graduate student in their lab. They are more than likely willing to let you work in their, even if they are not willing to pay you at first. (Yah, that’s right, eventually you can get paid to do research, too).
- Stanford Photonics Research Center (click on an area of interest, look at the faculty listings for specific projects).
- Applied Physics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Stanford Engineering research profiles